PDA

View Full Version : Training Interest in San Diego?

sdshawn
02-25-2008, 08:17 PM
I received several emails from people interested in training in San Diego. Hopefully I replied to all of them, but if I missed a couple I apologize. I replied to many that I didnt have time to teach and would let people know if things should change. I'm still not able to commit to teaching a weekly class right now, but wondered how many people would be interested in a 3 hour seminar type group session once every 6 weeks or 2 months. Most of the emails I received are from people who had never done JKD so the sessions would serve the purpose of exposing people to JKD and building a foundation in JKD. Hopefully it would serve the purpose of getting people started, introducing them to others in the area they might want to get together and train with, and also to help get down the basics (jkd is all basics) for future possible classes/sessions. The cost would be somewhere around 20-25 dollars per person. The money is for two purposes. I have to pay for renting the school it will be held at and secondly if you dont charge anything then people feel its not worth anything. Any extra money would go towards the next training session (equip etc). The seminar likely will be held in the Carlsbad area on a Saturday or Sunday. The instructors would be me (Shawn King) and Evan Morgan. Looking for at least 8-10 people to make it work. Shoot me an email titled "SD Seminar" to my email- sfking@sbcglobal.net if your interested or have any questions.

SDShawn

Tim Tackett
02-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Shawn and Evan know and can teach JKD. Check them out.