PDA

View Full Version : Anyone teaching JKD or June Fan in the Kansas City Area?

jtcbx
03-28-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm not really interested in training under an accomplished mixed martial that shares the 'philosophy' of JKD. I believe I learned alot of this training in Wing Chun.
I am interested in learning one of the original JKD fighting systems.
Can someone help me with this? - Thanks

LMD II
03-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Hello!

I have a student named Lance Webb in Kansas City, KS who is an Apprentice Instructor under me. He is highly skilled! He brings me in a couple of times a year for seminars. You can contact him by emailing lanceszone@earthlink.net . He will be glad to hear from you!

jtcbx
03-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Does his lineage trace back to Master Bruce?
My Sifu in Wing Chun is Randy Li, he is a second generation Yip Man disciple, I am a traditionalist, so to speak, and I wouldn't want to lose the opportunity to train in a system that I know has not been altered. I do feel that Wing Chun is far too systematic, as contradictory as this may sound coming out of the mouth of a 'traditionalist', and inefficient when compared to say, what they call 'mma' (or non-traditional JKD). I want to learn the non-official, official, no-system system of 'Bruce Lee's' Jeet Kune Do, not what is referred to as mma and there is a difference, even though Bruce's system consisted of mixed martial arts, or "mma'.

LMD II
03-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Hello Again!

Randy Li is a very good friend of mine! Ask him what he thinks of me! I am certified as a Full Instructor by five of Bruce Lee's original students! We DO NOT take the mixed martial arts approach. We teach Jun Fan Gung Fu and Jeet Kune Do ... pure and simple! I have always worked to preserve Bruce Lee's original teaching, training and fighting methods.

jkdstar
03-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi jtcbx, I will be moving to Overland Park at the end of April and will be looking for new students. You can check out our organization's homepage at http://www.itrcombat.com

jkdboxer
03-27-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm not really interested in training under an accomplished mixed martial that shares the 'philosophy' of JKD. I believe I learned alot of this training in Wing Chun.
I am interested in learning one of the original JKD fighting systems.
Can someone help me with this? - Thanks

Here you go try here as well.

Bryan Stevenson hes in Kansas City.

www.dragonfamilymartialarts.com

Email bryan@dragonfamilymartialarts.com

Tim Tackett
03-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Bryan is a part of the WNG. He's a good guy and instructor.
Tim