PDA

View Full Version : The WNG Instructors

Tim Tackett
04-04-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure that most of people who go on this forum know just how much martial art experience our guys had before they started with us. I'll just mention 6 off the top of my head.
Dr Pat Finley has numerous black belts and is a professor in college and is an expert in training methods. He has a 4th degree black belt in Bando, and is our go to guy for information on training methods.
Jim McCann has 5th degree black belts in various arts.
Richie Carrion has trained many mma fighters and uses JKD in the ring to great success. He has been voted the NAGA association instructor of the year.
Kevin Beale is a 8th degree black belt in American Bujutsu Kempo and is an authority on rape prevention.
Dean Goldade is a 5th degree black belt in Kajukenbo
Vince Raimondi is a 7th degree black belt in TKD and has around 400 TKD students and bout d9 JKD ones, Which goes to show you that JKD is not for everybody.
This is just a few. I could list all of our instructors and their experience. I think everyone of our instructors has experience in more than 1 art besides JKD.

khand50
04-04-2009, 03:49 PM
for those who dont know, richie has a wide and varied background in martial arts. i cant remember all what he shared with me about it, but he started when he was 12 years old. he and i trained together at the sdma academy with ed pagan. richie informed me later that he trained privately with eddie as well as the classes. he has studied kung fu with a guy from texas. he has a wonderful knowledge of what is known as effortless throws from the chinese arts. he is currently training with a jiu jitsu professor. also, there is an old man that shows up at his school from time to time, from new york, who is just the most realistic fighter ever. i never got to meet the man. richie spoke highly of him. richie has used his martial arts in the street for self defense many times in the past as well. i regard richie as my only true jkd instructor and as a very good friend.
as a side note, richie had the opportunity to go professional in the music world at one time, singing alongside the likes of marc antony. not sure if that is how you spell the last name. he is a very talented guy and has a great sense of humor about life. he hates the politics of jkd and martial arts and that is unfortuneately why we dont see him post on here much. his spends most of his time doing martial arts, not talking about it.
when i trained at his jkd academy, he told me he had many of eddies students dropping in. they didnt realize he had such an extensive background in martial arts. some tried to put him to the test and he shut them down quickly. i know two of the guys personally and could see that about them. one was always a hot head. actually three guys, come to think of it. one we also referred to as "hot dog" in eddies class. he was always open to let these guys come in and train but demanded their respect as he was the sifu of his school. we had a good laugh about these encounters.
richie is an open and very honest guy who doesnt hold back in combat or in dialogue. if he likes you he likes you. if he doesnt he doesnt. he doesnt pretend. if you are ever in lake worth and have the chance, stop by and see him. he is a great instructor. you wont be sorry.

Tim Tackett
04-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Richie is like a son to me.