PDA

View Full Version : No More Politics

Tim Tackett
04-29-2009, 09:57 AM
I no longer want to read any political opinions on this forum. Politics and religion are out as it can create bad feelings and there is no point to it as minds are seldom changed. Any posts that deal with this will be deleted.
Thanks,
Tackett

pepbar2
04-29-2009, 10:00 AM
I think it was my Dale Carnegie training course (I am paying homage to my source) which said something like:

"Politics, sex and religion are not discussed in polite company."

Thanks Tim for the reminder.

khand50
04-29-2009, 10:08 AM
just to clarify, do you consider philosophy and religion to be separate entities? in terms of martial art, philosophy and religion can play a large role. in discussing jkd, bruce lee studied philosophy quite extensively, and alot of the elements of jkd are founded on what he learned. so from this, i might imagine that the philosophy of jkd might not be a problem to discuss, but religious opinions and obviously politics would be out. would i be correct?
also, alot of what i see from the original jkd practitioners is less actual philosophy and more concentration upon the tools and strategies of what bruce lee was teaching. i know that the philosophy of jkd was bruce's personal expression of his life and what he taught as the art of jkd doesnt always have to have the same philosophical background. would i be correct in that statement as well? so a pointless discussion of some of the jkd philosophies would be fruitless to pursue...but occasionally one might bring up a question as to what the wng guys and others might think of any particular philosophical approach or statement of jkd.

Ron42
04-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Mr. Tackett I echo your sentiments. I apologise if any of my posts added fuel to the fire on the other thread.

Tim Tackett
04-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Philosophy is a very important part of JKD. Some of it comes from Western thought with things like the scientific method, some comes from Eastern religions, much comes from Krishnamurti. I also see no problem with someone professing his faith. I just don't want anyone to put down anybodies else's religion. No more "Your country sucks while mine is great" or "Your religion is evil while mine is the only truth" comments. By all means let's discuss philosophy. We can even go into things like NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) if you want to.

IronFist87
04-29-2009, 10:59 AM
I would like to apologize if I upset anyone as well. I don't easily offend in such conversations and so tend to plow on whether in like minded company or not. This is your forum, your house, so your rules apply, as always thanks for the clarity.

khand50
04-29-2009, 11:00 AM
cool. thanks for the clarification tim.

BMattucci
05-03-2009, 06:47 AM
I no longer want to read any political opinions on this forum. Politics and religion are out as it can create bad feelings and there is no point to it as minds are seldom changed. Any posts that deal with this will be deleted.
Thanks,
Tackett

Tim,

I agree and hopefully I can post on this forum and not feel that I am an outsider of some sort. Thank You

Tim Tackett
05-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Bill,
Anyone with an open mind is welcome.See you in West Palm Beach.
Tim