PDA

View Full Version : Instructors In San Diego, CA

genesis r
05-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Hello All,

I have been researching JKD for a while now. On my journey found allot of interesting positions and views on how this art should be thought. People talk about JKD concepts vs original JKD.....I want to learn the Original JKD art of at least close as possible to the philosophy Bruce Lee had. His ideas and philosophy about marital arts is what made me so interested in learning JKD.

So my question is do any of you know of an original JKD instructor in my area (san diego, ca) or a good teacher to learn from?... I know this is one for sure but from my understanding the academy teaches only concepts.

I am a absolute beginner in martial arts but not the fitness world. I am so excited to rain but before I commit to any instructor I would like to find the best for me :).....Appreciate all the feedback guys...

idaho_jkd_club
05-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Absolutely,

Sifu Sean King is based out of San Diego, and he is a very knowledgeable JFJKD instructor certified under Sifu Tackett. I think his screen name is Sd Shawn here on the WNG forum. You should contact him immediately and get started. Sifu King will def. lead you down the right path.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Tim Tackett
05-03-2009, 06:59 AM
Shawn's contact info is on our website:
www.jkdwednite.com (http://www.jkdwednite.com)
He's a police officer so his schedule keeps changing. He is alos a lawyer and drove 110 miles 1 way every Wed to train with us while in law school so you can see he's serious about JKD.

genesis r
05-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys very much! :)...I emailed him few days ago and waiting for a response now....let me know if their is any more recommendations or info you would like to let me know, it will be much appreciated! :0

Thanks,
Genesis

lssanjose
09-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Hi, what part of SD are you in? I'm around the Paradise Hills area. I'm looking for some workout partners while i'm still in town; PM me if you're interested!

watchdog
09-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Shawn's contact info is on our website:
www.jkdwednite.com (http://www.jkdwednite.com)
He's a police officer so his schedule keeps changing. He is alos a lawyer and drove 110 miles 1 way every Wed to train with us while in law school so you can see he's serious about JKD.

Sifu Tim, that's as crazy as when you used to drive from Redlands to the Filipino Kali Academy twice a week to train with Dan Inosanto.

Tim Tackett
09-14-2009, 12:13 PM
You do whatever it takes to learn it.