PDA

View Full Version : Instructors in the UK

andy123
08-15-2009, 09:35 AM
I am looking for Jun fan JKD in the midlands i have found a guy called Paul Johnson based in nottingham can any tell me about him before i go there
i have looked at his web site realjeetkunedo.com is that what bruce lee did

Tim Tackett
08-15-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't know him, but if he is certified by Lamar Davis, it's real JKD. The same with Jerry Poteet depending on how much he has worked with him. Both Lamar Davis and Jerry Poteet are real JKD teachers.
You can also try:
Leicester
Kwoklyn Wan - 0116-253-8668 - Mobile: 07786-234-658 urbanmartialarts.com
He's spent a lot of time with Lamar Davis and is the WNG representative in England.
Carl Lewis is our representative in Wales.

andy123
08-15-2009, 10:12 AM
is the stuff on the you tube clip what bruce lee did?
This is what i want to know before i go there
Can you help
I think i will go to both people as its about the same time to drive to both places
How long has your guy been training with the WNG please

Tim Tackett
08-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Just go and check out both schools and decide for yourself.

JayVirdee
08-15-2009, 11:37 AM
If its any help I'm taught by Kwoklyn. Although im down in london at the moment so not training up there at this time.

Any questions you have fire away, I will do my best to answer.

andy123
08-22-2009, 07:08 AM
Hi i have been to the real jeet kune do run by Paul Johnson,it was very good
Paul came across very well and looked the part in what he did show me,i have trained with other instructors who did not look good at what they did
He told me that he has never been certified by Lamar Davis but if i got the chance that i should train with him.
Paul also said that i should all ways ask how much training some one has done with said instructor as some instructors will make out they have years and years of training when some times it is not much at all.
Next week i am going to train with your guy Kwoklyn Wan i will let you all know what i thought next week

Tim Tackett
08-22-2009, 01:13 PM
On his website is says that Paul Johnson is Sifu Davis' UK representative.

LMD II
08-22-2009, 07:15 PM
It is not supposed to say that, as it is not true! Paul has definitely trained with me, but he is NOT my UK representative! Declan Lestat and Carl Freeman are my representatives in Nottingham, and are certified Instuctors under me! Kwoklyn Wan is my represenative in Leicester.

ChocolateThunder
08-24-2009, 04:59 AM
I've never trained with Paul Johnson so can't comment on his stuff, but I do know Carl Freeman and Kwoklyn Wan are outstanding instructors with a wealth of expertise and experience.

It actually says on Johnson's site that he was Sifu Davis' representative FOR A SHORT TIME. Not sure if Sifu Tackett mis-read the page or if it has been changed to be more accurate.

It also says he's Nottingham's only 2nd Generation Instructor and this is not accurate either. Sifu Richard Hudson at KickFit in Nottingham is a representative of Richard Bustillo. Sifu Hudson is also a good guy and very capable.

At the end of the day, Andy, go with who's best for you and stick with them.

andy123
08-24-2009, 05:18 AM
Could some one please give me details of the other two guys in Nottingham
i have been to kick fit with richard hudson have you trained there?
as kick fit was not for me

ChocolateThunder
08-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Could some one please give me details of the other two guys in Nottingham
i have been to kick fit with richard hudson have you trained there?
as kick fit was not for me

Carl Freeman's contact details are on Sifu Lamar's site: http://www.hardcorejkd.com/instructors.php

Carl teaches small classes in the city and Private Lessons. I'm currently teaching Private Lessons and I'm not accepting new students at this time.

Andy, where are you in the midlands?

andy123
08-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Newark at the uni

Tim Tackett
08-25-2009, 09:22 AM
I'll be at kwoklyn's on Sep 19 & 20. Hope to see some of you there.
Tim