PDA

View Full Version : JFJKD in norway

Rune
08-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Hi, Do you have any JFJKD instructor in norway?

Thanks

Rune.

Tim Tackett
08-16-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't have any, but I have worked with one of Larry Hartsell's guys. I may get there next year. His name is Leif Robekk. His email is:
robekk@jkdnorway.com

Rune
08-16-2009, 11:24 AM
I don't have any, but I have worked with one of Larry Hartsell's guys. I may get there next year. His name is Leif Robekk. His email is:
robekk@jkdnorway.com

Hi, thanks fore your reply.

Are they just doing consepts or real jkd?

Tim Tackett
08-16-2009, 11:42 AM
I really don't know. You need to email him.

Leif T. Robekk
08-19-2009, 04:09 AM
Hi, thanks fore your reply.

Are they just doing consepts or real jkd?

Hi Rune.

We train both Kali Sikaran and Jeet Kune Do. We donít mix the classes, so the two arts are trained separately.
Mail me for more info :-)

Tim Tackett
08-19-2009, 08:18 AM
I've heard that some made a big deal out of my post on what Leif may or may not be doing. I know he does "real" JKD, but he has also worked on the concepts approach with Larry Hartsell. Larry was my good friend and I miss him. Like I said in another thread. "I know that there are many in the JKD world that put down the concepts approach to martial arts training. Some of the best martial artists, teachers, and fighters I know use the concepts approach." Leif says that he doesn't mix his classes. Some who teach JKD as well as other arts may mix them together in what they may call "combined martial arts" or something like it. Some may just call it a JKD class which can call confusion about what JKD is. Some who teach more than 1 art may have a straight JKD class, a silat class, a BJJ class or a kali class and always teach them separately. Some may use the JKD class as a laboratory and bring some of the entries and techniques from other arts to see if the can answer it with their jKD or to they need to adjust some of what they do.
Nothing can be anymore than what it is.