PDA

View Full Version : looking for instructors in the sioux falls, sd area

depauw
08-24-2009, 12:08 PM
I am looking for instructors in the sioux falls, south dakota area. If anyone can help please do so.
Help

ChocolateThunder
08-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Nearest I know of is Rick Faye's group in MN. They're more concepts, if I've heard correctly, though there is some OJKD opening up soon. May be a bit of trek for you though!

depauw
08-24-2009, 05:32 PM
not to sound stupid OJKD?

ChocolateThunder
08-25-2009, 03:03 AM
Original JKD. There's some good explanations on the differences elsewhere on the boards if you need to look it up.

simplicity
08-25-2009, 04:28 AM
Call "IT" what you like, but I thought there was only one Jeet Kune Do and even that is just a name or boat to get across... Something to think about...

ChocolateThunder
08-25-2009, 05:09 AM
I agree John, but for someone seeking an instructor or taking their first steps into JKD it's important that they understand that training with Rick Faye could be substantially different to training with someone like yourself, or Sifu Tackett, for example. Give them the opportunity to make an informed decision.

I trained for several years in Jeet Kune Do. Then one day, I found a Jeet Kune Do club and discovered that what I did wasn't much like Jeet Kune Do at all.

simplicity
08-25-2009, 05:32 AM
I understand.... But at the same time we need to educate the youth of the nation's that if you are so enlighten by Jeet Kune Do, there will be no name other to understand what we are talking about... This can be just as important or even more... maybe

Peace-Out!

ChocolateThunder
08-25-2009, 06:37 AM
I understand.... But at the same time we need to educate the youth of the nation's that if you are so enlighten by Jeet Kune Do, there will be no name other to understand what we are talking about... This can be just as important or even more... maybe

Peace-Out!

Totally agree.

Hope this has been of help depauw!

Tim Tackett
08-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Rick Faye is a good teacher and a good guy. He does know and can teach JKD.

depauw
08-25-2009, 10:20 AM
thanks for the help everyone. appreciate the input and support. wish their was warriors like you all closer, as to help guide a lost fist.

D.Stachovak
08-25-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm pretty sure Rick has classes in several arts held seperately. There's a Guy under Ted Wong in St Cloud MN. That may be more what you're looking for. His name is Mike Rutter. I don't have any contact info...

Rick's website is www.mnkali.com