PDA

View Full Version : Richard Weiss, Clint Gordon....

k831
09-23-2009, 08:09 AM
.....Trying to contact individuals training in the Phoenix, AZ area. I am in Mesa and my google-fu led me to this forum and others where the above mentioned individuals were said to be training in my area. If you guys are still on this board I would love to know if you are currently training, or if you are planning on getting something started.

Thanks,

Jason

Tim Tackett
09-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Richard's been in school and is now working nights in a hospital. I'll try to contact him and see if he wants to start up a group again.

k831
09-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Richard's been in school and is now working nights in a hospital. I'll try to contact him and see if he wants to start up a group again.

Sir, thank you for the reply.

When you speak with him, if you could let him know, even if scheduling doesn't permit him to start training right now, I would like to exchange information with him, so that if at any point in time he decides to resume training/teaching, he has my contact info.

I train twice a week in American Kenpo at a "non-traditional" school. I boxed and wrestled in high school. I have time free to train more than my Kenpo school can allow right now. I am very picky about what I study and I have been in nearly every school of every style in the greater phoenix area (including other JKD schools). At this point, there is nothing in the area I want to augment my training with, unless I can hook up with someone from the WNG. Not to sound like a sycophant, but if at some point you guys have representation actively teaching in the Phoenix/ E Valley area, I would sure like to be kept in the loop.

Donald Dy
07-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Hi Clint! I think we trained with Richard at the same time in his garage in the late 1990's. I stopped training due to my work schedule and then moved to Arkansas. I just moved back to Phoenix and was trying to find Richard and anyone that trained with him at that time. It took a while for me to find this web site and Richard's name on the web search engine. Apparently there are many more JKD organizations and web sites then a decade ago! I really enjoyed working out with Richard and his group. Let me know where you guys are working out at and I'll see if I can join you all.

Mr. Tackett, any luck on getting hold of Richard? I would love to just catch up with him if you get hold of him.

Respectfully,
Donald

Tim Tackett
07-28-2010, 07:34 AM
I still need to call him and see if he is still interested in having students. I've been so busy that it has slipped my mind. Remind me in a week on this forum to call him.
Tim

cfr
08-09-2010, 08:47 PM
I've trained with these folks as well. I'm also looking to possibly supplement my current training (MMA minus some rules) with something else.

I still talk to Clint on occasion (as recently as a month or two ago), and will see what he's up too and report back.

clint gordon
08-10-2010, 12:05 PM
its good to see your back in az donald!! been a long time. So chris just emailed me and directed me back to this forum.Just this morning I started training again with a friend of mine before work. Trying to get back into doing JKD after about 2 years. I just had a new baby, so training after work is a little tough, but if theres a place to train and the right time, I would be willing to try to get into a group again. I will be for sure training Tuesday mornings at about 530 am now.

Mr Tackett,

I just wanted to say that I recently bought the Chinatown JKD book and DVD. Its awesome. It really helped me get back into training after the last 2 years. Thanks!!

Tim Tackett
08-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks! Check out the new book. I just left a message on Richard's machine. I'll let you know if and when i hear from him.

clint gordon
08-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks Tim!! I just bought volume 2. havent recieved yet but cant wait to check it out! Thanks again for keeping us posted with Richard. I know hes not training at this point and super hard to get ahold of, but would be good to know hes doing well! I trained with him for almost 9 years and havent talked to him in about 2.

cfr
08-23-2010, 06:58 AM
With Clint only doing early morning training, is there anyone else in this area? I live in Anthem, but could also train closer to Phoenix.