PDA

View Full Version : New JKD Classes in Chino Hills, California Starting March 1st

BryanStoops
02-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Starting on Tuesday, March 1st, I will be teaching regular weekly classes in my garage in Chino Hills. I will be teaching on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday nights. My current schedule includes up to 32 hours a month of class time.

Professionally, I am a high school teacher. I'm about to earn my doctorate from the University of LaVerne (a little private college in SoCal) and I am on to my next goal, which is to open up a commercial martial arts school. I am hoping to build enough students who would like to train with me regularly so that I can eventually transfer to a commercial facility with a student base all ready to follow me.

I start each evening off with an hour of Phase Class, the curriculum for which is composed of eight different martial arts; there is always a JKD section. I am using the term "JKD" to describe the curriculum that was handed from Bruce Lee to my instructor, Sifu/Guro Dan Inosanto. I am not calling my program a "JKD concepts program"; JKD is one of the eight arts I would like my students to experience.

Your first night of training is always free, so you can come and train and get a feel for what I have to offer. I'll explain my fee structure after class if you want more info, and you could start the next evening I offer classes if you like. The people who start with me will lock in their rates if and when I do transfer to a commercial facility regardless of more hours offered or a more comprehensive schedule. My curriculum is written, and will stay the same.

If you would like more info, please visit my website at: http://stoopsma.com

or e-mail me at bryan@stoopsma.com or give me a call at 909-606-4315

SlantRight
02-19-2011, 09:11 PM
I have a sister-in-law who lives in Chino. My wife grew up in Montclair & Upland.

I'm heading down to SoCal April 18th-28th. Drop me a PM & let me know if you accept drop-ins.

Tim taught two of my sister-in-laws in High School...small world.

StevenR
02-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Congrats Bryan on your school!

I wish you the best of success with your new school.

All the best,
Steven

BryanStoops
02-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Steven - thank you for the good wishes.

SlantRight - I'll send you a PM explaining some different options. You should definitely drop by for at least one evening of training.

My business license was completed and picked up today from City Hall. My community sticks and training blades arrived in the mail. I'm waiting on delivery of my tee-shirts, Thai pads, and focus mitts. This is getting exciting!

BHPFan
02-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Steven - thank you for the good wishes.

SlantRight - I'll send you a PM explaining some different options. You should definitely drop by for at least one evening of training.

My business license was completed and picked up today from City Hall. My community sticks and training blades arrived in the mail. I'm waiting on delivery of my tee-shirts, Thai pads, and focus mitts. This is getting exciting!

Nice!!!

Good luck and congratulations to your new school!!!

I'm certain with your MA background and your profession, you'll do well as a MA teacher.

Once again, Congrats.

~Fernando

BryanStoops
03-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Thank you, Fernando.

Classes start tonight at 7PM. Tee-shirts arrived yesterday. For those who would like to attent, please send me an e-mail: bryan@stoopsma.com