PDA

View Full Version : Training partner for JKD thoughts

bloodycut
10-30-2011, 08:59 AM
I changed thoughts with Stefan Nikander about my training. He was very good teacher. Now when he does JKD training in heavenly peace I need thoughts changer. I do simple training for example on-guard lead punches and kicks so on. No one in Finland does JFJKD, only Concepts and that's sad. Nobody understands my training method. Stefan did. Stefan had ability to look my training on right aspect. Ted Wong was Stefan's instructor. I did really like their style to teach. I never met Ted or Stefan in real life and that's sad thing also. I planned to go Sweden but it was always money problem. Perhaps Stefan would have paid my travel to come over. His dream was to build up Scandinavian JKD community but brain tumour took him first. We also planned to build up Finnish JKD community someday. So is there someone who like to change with me training thoughts about JFJKD? Anything is welcome but no Concepts. Languages what I prefer are Finnish, English and Swedish, perhaps some German words also.

Bruce Lee's fighting spirit is permanently in my heart!

beatdaline
10-30-2011, 12:45 PM
stefan is a cool guy
a bit too focused on Concepts bashing but I think its all in good humor.
I've enjoyed his videos.

bloodycut
11-08-2011, 01:59 AM
What do suggest for JFJKD practioner if there's no clubs in your country?

Edit: I have tried to discuss with our martial arts practioners from different styles but they don't take me seriously. They keep me little bit ridiculous when I practise alone and JKD. I really hate those authors who are always right and never wrong.

beatdaline
11-09-2011, 03:31 AM
What do suggest for JFJKD practioner if there's no clubs in your country?

Edit: I have tried to discuss with our martial arts practioners from different styles but they don't take me seriously. They keep me little bit ridiculous when I practise alone and JKD. I really hate those authors who are always right and never wrong.

Is there fencing clubs in your city or near you! I personaly think doing that alone will realy get you aquianted with understanding JKD better so than even some people who claim they teach JKD. Do boxing or Savate kicks for conditioning and depending on how comitted you are travel to a good original JKD seminar once in a while if one comes your way so you can focus on those arts from a JKD perspective. Otherwise just do any art. But do it right! You don't have to do JKD. What is important is to see what is taught best in your area and do that. I'm sure there are good Karate/Kickboxing schools in your country.

rkerbo
11-09-2011, 10:15 AM
I was sorry to hear of Stefan's passing. He will be missed in the TWJKD Family!

For more information about JKD and training in Stockholm, contact Mikael Egidéus. He was a close friend of Stefan's and would have a similar mindset about training.

Check your PM's for his email address.

Hope that helps,