Jeet Kune Do Talk  

Go Back   Jeet Kune Do Talk > Jeet Kune Do > Jeet Kune Do Forum
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 04-14-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_ilagan25 View Post
Good Day to All,
My name is Jay I am from The philippines and I really want to learn jeet kune do, the only problem is that, there are no jkd schools here in my country especially in the city where I live. I just want to ask your honest opinion do you think its sufficient for a begineer like me to learn JKD through videos and books? not to mention I am already 23 years old and I have no Martial Art Experience at all. i have purchesed 2 books and 1 dvd that I think could help me build my foundation in JKD. the two books are the following: Bruce Lee's Fighting Method the complete edition and Jeet Kune Do basics by David Cheng. and the DVD is Bruce Lee's fighting method by Ted Wong and Richard Bustillo. Do you think these material can give me a good and solid foundation in JKD? thanks in advance and more powers to you.
Where in the phillipins do you live? I know there is not any real JKD there but there are methods taught in cebu very direct like JKd I could recommend! Boxing is great too but the slipping is too side to side rather than back and forth like JKD. Richard Bustillo pays regular visits out there too
Old 04-15-2012, 02:24 AM

(Thread Author)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatdaline View Post
Where in the phillipins do you live? I know there is not any real JKD there but there are methods taught in cebu very direct like JKd I could recommend! Boxing is great too but the slipping is too side to side rather than back and forth like JKD. Richard Bustillo pays regular visits out there too
Im from General Santos City philippines. what club are you referring to in cebu?
Old 04-15-2012, 06:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to rick00770 Send a message via Yahoo to rick00770
Default online training

try the jkd online training offered , i am just going through the basics right now, the videos are very good , then try to find someone to train with. practice what they teach. it makes a lot of sense, hopefully some one like Richard Bustillo will visit your area like someone said. the chinatown jkd books are great too. maybe you could visit the states sometime , there are seminars going on, but try to follow the people recommended on this site. my advice.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:05 AM

How's the section on creating a training program in David Cheng's book like?

How would you suggest creating a training program for beginners? (apart from joining JKDlessons.com :P)
Old 07-15-2012, 05:44 PM

Books and videos are great to gather information, but in order to truly build attributes such as timing, distancing, sensitivity, footwork, etc etc...you need a live body in front of you, and a good instructor behind you.

My honest opinion...like many other people suggested here....find a boxing gym, muay thai gym...or heck you're in the Phillipines man...find a Panatukan Silat instructor!