Go Back   Jeet Kune Do Talk > Jeet Kune Do > Jeet Kune Do Forum
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 10-11-2017, 07:23 AM
JKD Instructor

(Thread Author)
Default Sifu Tim Tackett

As this is the jkd talk forum I'd like to say a few words about my mentor sifu
Tim Tackett.
I met sifu Tim in 1989 when he conducted a seminar for me in Wales UK and it was one of the best seminars I've ever attended. He covered timing and distance drills,sliding leverage,negative and positive power, 5 ways of attack plus some Silat which he said he'd jkdised, he simulated breaking my neck 7 different ways and showed us some grappling skills.
I continued my jkd journey and asked Tim to come back to Wales which he did in 2006 where he performed another belting seminar.
He told us that he wanted us to really learn jkd and there was a way of doing it.He showed us his no inch punch taught straight lead and went into all the little details that make things work.
I think he was pleased with the performance of my students as he promoted me to associate instructor and told me it wasn't what I could do but how well my students could do jkd.
In 2008 Tim and I met up again at the WNG camp in Independance where after 3 days of training and teaching Tim through a cardboard tube at me, when I asked what it was he said that's your full instructor certificate. I said thanks but I don't want it and his reply was that's why I'm giving it to you.
My student Scott has excelled at jkd and Tim and Scott have become good friends and as Scott attends a lot of seminars and camps we all still stay in touch.
I'm very proud that my little group is part of the WNG and I thank sifu Tim for his guidance on my jkd path as I would not be where I am today in terms of knowledge without him.
As guru Dan Inosanto said in his 1976 book jet kune do the art and philosophy of Bruce Lee , Tim Tackett is one of the most knowledgable Jkd practitioners
Thanks
Carl
Old 10-17-2017, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator
JKD Instructor

I consider Carl family and a good friend. I feel about Scott the same. Both good lads.

Sponsors
This forum is supported by: This forum is supported by:
Jeet Kune Do Training Martial Arts Videos & DVDs
JKD Lessons delivered via streaming video
Martial arts videos available for instant download